Saturday, February 13, 2016

Wife Gone Wild



Last week was our grandson's Alex fourteen birthday and both his dad and his grandma are dang talented folks. Anyway my wife asked the boy what would he maybe would like for his birthday. At the time he was not sure but not too long later ma got a call.and it was Alex telling her that he would like his grandma to paint him a wild lion, and by the way could it be roaring?

Now if you don't think that didn't turn her into a frazzle, "a wild lion" she yelled out to me that , that is what he wanted. Having never even done a lion let alone a wild one she seemed to be beside herself a bit much. I did not see her for three days as she went into her studio trying to think this through. learned a long time ago to stay away from the wife when she was a thinking.

Finally she came out of her mad room and proclaimed she was ready to paint. here again it is best to stay out of the studio (mad room) when she has decided to put her deep thinking down on that there canvas. So for the next couple days old Taz and I just hung out together eating peanut butter sandwiches, Taz loves peanut butter.

As we waited like the Cardinals in Rome waiting to hear who the new pope is, it finally happened. She yelled out she was done and hoped the young one would liked it. Taz and I were just happy it was over because about now we both are running out of that peanut butter spread.

Timidly Taz and I approached the open door and stood in amazement for there ready to jump off the canvas was this beautiful wild lion. I assume it was beautiful having never seen a wild lion before. It certainly was different from her normal artt work like baskets of apples or subjects like that, you know what I mean.

Well it seems that once I posted it on Face Book for the whole dang world to see the phone would not stop ringing for request kept pouring in from as far away as the Louvre somewhere over there in France or Norway, not sure of where they hide that building I don't even know how to pronounce it.

I am afraid that this wild lion is going to be causing all kinds of problems for Taz and I. the grandson still home playing with his x-box, mother went shopping for a case there of that Skippy peanut butter and flew out of Bangor on a red-eye for France. Got to end now my mouth is starting to stick together from so much Skippy.


No comments: