Friday, August 23, 2013



 My wife, our sheltie, Taz, and I were taking a ride on our Yamaha side x side at camp last week. On a particular woods road we were on I had remembered a spot that had two or three mushrooms developing along the forest edge last year. This year as we passed that particular spot I looked over to see if maybe there were any new ones growing this year, knowing full well the old ones were long gone. Sure enough, the above little fairy umbrella caught my eye. Stopping the machine, and with camera in hand, I walked over to see what kind of photo I could capure. I took three or four different shots at different angles and returned to the four-wheeler and my partners. Of course Taz about now was barking up a storm because I had stopped and interrupted his four wheeler ride.

When we returned home and I brought the photos up on the computer I saw something that I had not noticed while taking the photo, that being an ant (Pismire) sitting upon the crown enjoying a snack of wild Maine mushroom, which I thought made the photo even more interesting. Once again one of those wonderful little surprises that was originally unnoticed shows up on the computer. It is those type of surprises that make photography so much fun for me.

Below are a few of the many photos I have taken of mushrooms over the years. Thought maybe you would enjoy looking at a few. Any questions or thoughts please comment.













No comments: